Thursday, January 28, 2016

Nate's Birthday



 Sometimes I dread birthdays. 
I had to take Olive back to the Orthopedic Surgeon yesterday and we are cast/ split free. Walked back into the house and hit a heat wave. The thermostat was set at like 80 something. (I imagine Olive bumped it up)  I was wishing to share the warmth, bottle it up for later. I finally caved and opened the door. So this kitchen mess you see here happened at warm temps and it was like I was working in an old peoples home.

I stopped at a bunch of places while I was out with Olive. Coffee shop, Seafood place, Butcher, and the Doctor. Usually it is just some big burly men at the butcher shop, not overly friendly but you know, good at what they do. Well yesterday there was a super friendly lady there who acted like we were best friends. As I tried to explain this to Nate I realized that I wasn't even sure if that was the lady I was thinking about because at each stop there was a lady like that. It would go through me, "do I know her?" Hey, maybe everyone was glad to be out after the snow storm? Not sure but it made for a fun day of errands. 


 He does not like when I brag on him, but he is wonderful. 




 Henry. He started sitting up on his own. He gets around a little but he did not take off with crawling yet. He is one week shy of 8 months old. 




 I had to lay him back down twice last night. It was the fist time I found him sitting up in his bed.




Mom brought her friends over to go sledding. We dug out all of the snow pants. 

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your husband :). Glad your little girl has her cast off. Looks cold ! Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is the problem with touchscreen thermostats and toddlers...we have had so many episodes of a too hot or cold house thanks to the two year old.

    ReplyDelete